Pet Boarding at Animal Clinic of Council Bluffs and Glenwood Veterinary Clinic
If you find yourself suddenly needing to go out of town, such as on a business trip or an impromptu vacation and your pet cannot come along for the ride, it’s important to make arrangements for boarding the animal as soon as possible. Your preferred veterinarian in Council Bluffs and Glenwood has years of experience looking after local pets when their owners are unavailable.
Standard Pet Boarding Procedures Followed By Your Veterinarian in Council Bluffs and Glenwood
At Animal Clinic of Council Bluffs and Glenwood Veterinary Clinic, our goal is to demonstrate compassion, integrity and honesty for the animals entrusted to our care.
We require that pets be up to date on all their shots and vaccinations before they can stay in our facility, for the protection of all the animals that we serve.
Our staff will take careful note of any medications or special food and drink requirements of your pet.
We will ask if your pet has any special toys or bedding to make its stay more comfortable, and remind you to bring them along when dropping off the animal.
One of the most important procedures that we follow involves reservations for space in our facility. We will hold your reservation request as pending until the pet arrives. Because of limited space, reservations tend to fill up quickly.
When we reach capacity in bookings, we will not be able to accommodate additional reservations. This means that if you need to change your pet’s booking, you will need to cancel it in a timely fashion (preferably 7 days before). Otherwise, it’s not likely that we will be able to rebook space, with so many other reservations.
Benefits of Boarding a Pet With a Professional Veterinary Service
- There are a number of benefits when you board your animal with professional vets at our facility.
- No need to worry that your neighbor, friend or relative might fail to come to your home each day to provide food and water, companionship and exercise.
- If your pet is elderly or has a medical condition that requires monitoring, it’s best to rely on professionals who will keep an eye on the animal while you’re away.
- We maintain separate housing for cats and dogs at our animal clinic.
- Your cat will have its own large cage along with a private litter box and dishes for food and water. We clean the litter twice a day, always keeping track of pet eliminations as part of our health monitoring services.
- Your dog will be boarded in a comfortable and roomy kennel, with fresh water and food provided twice per day (or according to the schedule you request). Our staff takes dogs outside three times every day for a 10 to 15-minute walk. As with cats, we keep note of your dog’s appetite and eliminations.
Our Boarding Policy
We are more than happy to accommodate your reservation request. Please remember that we are holding your reservation request pending your pet's arrival. Please keep in mind our facilities are limited and we can become full quickly. When we reach our total occupancy capacity we have to refuse reservation requests. If you do not cancel your reservations in a timely manner (at least 7 days in advance), we are unable, in most instances, to rebook the space we have held for you. Beginning July 1, 2009 we implemented the following changes to our boarding policy.
We require a $50.00 REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT FOR ALL NON-CLIENT RESERVATIONS.
THEY MUST BE SECURED but either a credit card or you have 24 hours from when the reservation is made to pay by check or cash in person.
CLIENTS THAT CANCEL RESERVATIONS WITHOUT 7 DAYS NOTICE WILL BE CHARGED A $50.00 CANCELLATION FEE.
NON-CLIENTS THAT CANCEL RESERVATIONS WITHOUT 7 DAYS NOTICE WILL AUTOMATICALLY FORFEIT THEIR $50.00 DEPOSIT.
Make an Appointment for Pet Boarding at Animal Clinic of Council Bluffs and Glenwood Veterinary Clinic Today
The next time you need to go out of town, whether for business or vacation, you’ll have the peace of mind that comes from knowing that veterinary professionals will be looking after your animal companion as if it was one of their own. For more information about our pet boarding services or to make an appointment, please connect with Animal Clinic of Council Bluffs and Glenwood Veterinary Clinic today.